Friday, May 30, 2008

Taylor's Cupcake Challenge #18


I have been a follower of Taylor's blog for quite awhile (www.tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com) and FINALLY have found the time to participate in one of her Cupcake Challenges. I was quite surprised at how *little* time it really took - 20 minutes from start to finish! I knew I wanted to dig into my new PaperTrey Ink (www.papertreyink.com) Berry Sorbet cardstock and matching background papers that I have been hording, and I always love accenting with black. Can I just say I LOVE how PaperTrey Ink packages their 6x6 papers??! They also make the designs smaller in scale, so the papers are perfect for card making. Anyway, instead of making the whole thing a card, I opted instead to just make the smaller layer into the card. Here is the materials list...

Materials used: Cupcake and Happy Birthday stamps from "Big Bold Birthday" - Stampin' Up!, thinking of you stamp from "Borders & Corners (circle) - PaperTrey Ink, Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock from Stampin' Up!, Berry Sorbet cardstock and Pink Patterns 6x6 papers from PaperTrey Ink, Berry Sorbet and Noir Palette Ink Pads, Berry Sorbet Luxe Satin Ribbon (1/2 inch) - PaperTrey Ink, Versamark Ink Pad, Clear Embossing Powder, Stampin' Dimensionals - Stampin' Up! and a rhinstone jewel.

Keep watching over the weekend, as I have another sketch from Beate's blog (http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/) to do as well. Enjoy the rest of your Friday!


Jennifer


2 comments:

Meri said...

Welcome to the blogging world. Careful, it gets addicting! I love your card, and especially like the idea of the smaller layer being used as the actual card.

Taylor said...

So cute! I love how the image panel opens! Thanks for playing the cupcake challenge!