Friday, November 20, 2009

MOPS Craft event

Good morning!

It looks like I'm keeping up with weekly posts...I have been telling people that with my new job I can either A) have meals prepared every night, OR B) keep up with the laundry, OR C) have the house clean; but, I have yet to accomplish even two out of the three in any given week. Where does blogging show up in that list? Whenever I have an extra minute...which is today!

Last Friday I prepared a little make and take for my old MOPS group. It was fun! I, again, ended up using a lot of things I already had in the basement (yeah!), with some fun new extras added in. We did the cans which I posted in a previous post, with a matching card. Here's what we ended up making...

I think they turned out pretty cute! There were two different designs of the paper...one was the red that you can see on the card, and this is the blue. Here is the list of materials...

  • 12x12 patterned paper (not sure of brand...I cut off the name!)
  • Stampin Up! cardstock: Kraft, Basic Black, Wild Wasabi (retired), and Whisper White
  • Stampin' Up! Kraft envelopes
  • Stampin' Up! inks: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
  • Stampin' Up! stamps: "Many Merry Messages", "Cold Play"
  • Stampin' Up! ribbons: Black Gingham, Black 1/4" grosgrain
  • Stampin' Up! circle punches: 1" and 1 3/8"
  • Stampin' Up! scallop punch
  • Stampin' Up! glue dots, and Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Double-Stick tape and Mono-Adhesive
  • Stampin' Up! Crystal Effects glue
  • Candy for inside can!

That's it for today! Please feel free to comment with any questions that you may have about the craft. These make great little Christmas gifts!

Enjoy your weekend!

P.S. I just received my FREE cards that I posted about last time, and they are a great quality! Make sure you order yours SOON before the special is over!

No comments: