Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Confession...



Okay, okay....I watched "Jon & Kate Plus 8" last night. I wasn't going to. I haven't watched it faithfully for quite some time, but I just couldn't NOT watch it last night. Once I did, I wished I wouldn't have. It left me with a very heavy heart. It's so sad to see another marriage on the rocks. It seems like there have been so many around us lately, maybe we're at "that age".

It just made me so sad to see the coldness between them, and to see that it looks like they have just given up. I was also surprised that for a traveling Christian speaker, Kate said nothing about relying on their faith to get them through things. I can't imagine having all of our life put on TV for everyone to see, and then having to put THAT on for everyone to see as well. How can TLC feel good about televising a family that's falling apart?

My prayers are with them and their family.

1 comment:

Lydee said...

I agree. I am glad someone else commented on this as well. I haven't watched the show for a while either, and when I heard about their marriage, I felt sick. They'd always been rather public about their faith (esp. with John wearing the shirt w/the passage from Isaiah on it). I'm praying too... those children NEED stability!