Friday, June 12, 2009

Anticipation...

Look at the blooms on this plant! At last count, I found 21, but I noticed after our last two-three days of rain that there are more and more popping out. I can't wait to see them when they are all a-bloom! I think it is an "Asian Poppy" or "Japanese Poppy" plant.


It's part of a perennial garden right in front of our house. One summer, Brian and I went to Las Vegas for a long weekend, and my parents planted this garden for us - yeah! I wanted something low maintenance, as I am not know for my green thumb, and it has been just that. This year we did some weeding out of some plants, and I now have room for a couple more. I think I may wait until next year to add them. I do have to do some trimming of the others, and I did want low maintenance!


Here is a picture of what the flowers looked like on this plant last year....I can't wait!






It's sunny again today....I think we'll spend some time outside. Maybe I'll even get that trimming done...although, I am reading a good book....hmmmm....


Enjoy your day!

No comments: