Tuesday, June 9, 2009

End of Another School Year!

I can still officially say "Good morning" as it is not quite noon here....yeah! I was hoping to get this posted in the "morning"! :) Anyway, today is the last day of school for my oldest...can't believe he is done with another year. More on that later.

I spent the morning yesterday making gifts for his teachers and wanted to share those first. I got the original idea from one of my favorite blogs, Taylored Expressions, which I peruse every day. It's hard to find her original pictures of the project, but hopefully mine will suffice for today. You can get the general idea from these here (even though some of them are a little blurry...).



Here is a shot of the entire project in it's finished state. All you need is a pack of Starbucks Frappuccino bottles (that's the best part of the project, drinking the Frapps!), all cleaned out; some patterned paper; ribbon; Sticky Strip (or other double-sided sticky tape); and some chocolate! Here's another shot of what each bottle looks like...



I also made a matching card, which included a Caribou Coffee gift card....great combination, chocolate and coffee! You can't see the tops of the bottles, but I just used my 1 3/4" circle punch from Stampin' Up! with a coordinating paper, and stuck that on the top of the bottle along with a brown or cream colored Prima flower. Then I stuck a clear "jewel" in the center of each flower.


It was a pretty easy project, and I think the teachers enjoyed them. I have made these before for some of my MOPS friends, so this may not be new to some of you!

So, onto the last day thing. My oldest...my snuggling, baseball-playing, comic-reading, game-playing, card-collecting, bike-riding, sensitive, almost fourth-grader...I'm so proud of the boy he has become! Here he is this morning (by protest, of course...he IS 9!):


Drat! I just deleted my signature! But, since it is now WELL past noon, I am going to just leave you with my regular old name in type! Enjoy the rest of your day!
Jen G.

No comments: