Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane

While enjoying a relaxing Saturday morning at home...watching the rain, finishing a book, having breakfast cooked by my wonderful husband, he asked me to look for a book for him. You might think looking for a book is an easy feat...not so in our unfinished basement! There were a number of boxes to go through to find this book, and I'm happy to say I did find the book!


I also found a number of old cassette tapes of my high school days in choir. While weeding through them, I found one with a special song that the above group did for our director at the time. It was to the tune of "Who Put the Bomp", and we performed it at our last concert our Sophomore year. We called ourselves "The Lunch Club" (after the movie "The Breakfast Club"), as we all spent our lunch-time Study Hall in the Choir room. We found the choir music to "Who Put the Bomp" and decided to change up the words to fit the year and our director. It is a fun memory!

It's also neat, because the other gal in the group is now a recording artist! Her name is Alice Peacock and you can find her website here. We have a couple of her CD's and really like her sound. Check her out!

I enjoyed my walk down memory lane, but will need to get back to real life. We have a fun evening planned with some church friends tonight...lower temps, a pool, a meal, good company, who could ask for more?

Enjoy YOUR Saturday!

No comments: