.JPG)
Here is another project from last year's holiday crafting projects. I made these matching containers and cards for the gals in my MOPS groups. This was one of the first cards that I pulled my
Cricut out for. They were really easy to mass produce, and I like how they turned out. The can beside the card (is a little blurry...I apologize), is actually a small fruit can. If you use a "safe"can opener (you can see one here...
http://www.amazon.com/Chefmate-Safe-Cut-Opener-Black/dp/B000UBWHEG), and open the bottom of the can, that keeps the pull-top still intact. So, open the bottom (the safe can openers keep the lid/bottom edge intact, so they do work the best), eat the fruit, and wash both the bottom and the can out. Then decorate the can with a strip of patterned paper (Sticky Strip works the best for adhering), fill the can with some holiday goodies (I used M&M's, but this year will probably use wrapped candies...germs, you know!), and then re-attach the bottom lid with a clear glue. It sounds confusing, but really is quite easy. We're going to make these for a special craft night at MOPS in the next couple of weeks, so I will try to put together some step-by-step photos from that. For now, here are the materials I used:
- Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!)
- Real Red cardstock (for Merry -Stampin' Up!)
- Old Olive cardstock (for tree - Stampin' Up!)
- Cricut cartridge - Christmas Cheer
- Patterned Paper - Dots and Dashes (retired -Stampin' Up!)
- Red Grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!)
- Jewel sticker - at top of tree
- Sticky Strip (Stampin' Up!)
Thanks for stopping by!

One more thing....the baby that I have written about on the blog before, Stellan, is back in the hospital struggling again with his heart condition. He could use some prayers! You can find out more about him at: www.mycharmingkids.net
No comments:
Post a Comment