Good morning!I'm finally getting around to showing you the gifts that I gave to the boys' teachers on the first day of school this year. Usually I give them at the Open House, but we forgot them this year, so had to delay them until the first day of school. Unfortunately, my oldest who is now in fourth grade, was too embarrassed to bring it to his teacher himself, so I had to bring it to the office instead. An extra trip, but his teacher really enjoyed the thought.
In the bags is just an assortment of things I pick up at Target. Starting in late July, they put teacher "stuff" in their Dollar Spot, so I always pick up a few of these items for the Back to School gifts. It isn't much, but I like to give them a little something at the start of the year...Post-it notes, nametags, stickers, pencils, etc. Sometimes I have put them in baskets or bins, but this year I opted for the bags.
If you look closely, there is NO stamping on these cards! I opted for some cute school stickers I had in my scrapbooking folder (I'm REALLY trying to use what I already have and not buy new...not always so easy!). The cards were 3x3 which is an easy and fun size to make. Here is a lowdown on the materials I used:
- Real Red cardstock - cut to 6" by 3" and fold in half
- Whisper White cardstock - cut to 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" (on inside)
- Yellow Paper from School Zone paper packet (Close to My Heart)
- Scallop Punch (Stampin' Up!) in Real Red
- 1 3/4" circle punch (Stampin' Up!) in Ballet Blue
- Silver Brads (Stampin' Up!)
- White Grosgrain Ribbon (Stampin' Up!)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)
- 1/8" hold punch (Stampin' Up!)
- School Stickers by Doodlebug Designs (copyright 2006...)
It's always fun to let teachers know that you are thankful for their service to your children.
Enjoy your day!



1 comment:
nice work and way to use what you had!
Post a Comment