Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Birthdays on the mind


I guess I have birthdays on the mind lately...most of the cards on here (all four of them!) are birthday cards! Tomorrow, I hope to have the gifts done for my son's teachers to show you, so I know that won't be a birthday item. I'm posting a bit late, as most of the day was spent at the second grade picnic today. I forgot how busy and fun these last few days of school were (I used to be an elementary teacher); but, I can't say I miss it too badly....I was pretty wiped when I got home! So, my stamping didn't get done until later this evening. I found the layout for this card on Angie Kennedy Juda's's blog: http://chicnscratch.typepad.com/ She's got some really great simple, yet very eye-catching cards on her site. Check it out when you get a chance. I also used the Color Challenge from Splitcoast Stampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/) to choose my colors. I'm really not a good "colorer" even though my dad says I went to college to "learn how to color", and I have yet to enter the Copic world, so any tips that you have would be great! Anyway, here's the lowdown for this one...
Materials used: Birthday images from the set "Bitty Birthday" from Stampin' Up!; polka dot background image is from the set "Polka Dot Basics" from PaperTrey Ink; Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Real Red and Whisper White Stampin' Up! cardstocks; Noir Palatte Ink Pad; Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Real Red Stampin' Up! ink pads; Blender pen; glue pen and Stampin' Up!'s Dazzling diamonds glitter; 1 3/8" and 1 1/2" circle punches and Scallop punch from Stampin' Up!; paper piercer; Stampin' Dimensionals and Soft Sky stitched grosgrain and Real Red grosgrain ribbon from Stampin' Up!.
Remember to watch for those teacher gifts tomorrow! I'll give you a hint....I'll be glad when that gift is in the can! :)
Jennifer

No comments: