Monday, June 2, 2008

Missed a day...


Oh well, so I missed a day! And, chances are not that great that I will get any stamping done today either, so I will share one of my creations from MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers group) this year. I made these for all of the gals in my discussion group for their birthdays. I also included a matching nugget tin with matching tag, which I will share on another day. I do love to accent with black! Those of you who know me well, know that TOO well!! In fact, for those of you who don't know me too well, I thought I would share a little info about myself....
First, I have to fess up....I'm a previous Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. In fact, I enjoyed a 10 year career with Stampin' Up! before I had to make the tough decision to quit. My husband's job has a bit of travel, and a lot of it is last minute, so it was really hard to keep up with the workshops and events with him being gone a lot. It was one of the hardest decisions of my life to make, but I do have to say that I am enjoying being able to just stamp for fun! I met some of the most AMAZING women through Stampin' Up! and I know a lot of them will remain life-long friends.


Now that THAT is out in the open, here are a couple of other items: I have been married for almost 11 years, have two adorable (on most days) sons - 8 and 4, stay home as a "job", volunteer in many church activities, am an active MOPS member, and love to stamp and scrapbook!
That's enough for now, here is the materials list for the above card...
Materials used: All materials from Stampin' Up! Birthday stamps from "Eat Cake"; background stamp "Crosshatch" (retired); Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose and Whisper White cardstocks, Basic Black and Certainly Celery ink pads; Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, and Certainly Celery Stampin' Writes; Two-way Glue Pen; Dazzling Diamonds glitter; Black Gingham Ribbon, and Stampin' Dimensionals.

6 comments:

CMC said...

What fun! A new hobby to share your favorite hobby. It's great that you share how long the card took to make. I look forward to checking back for ideas :)

Anonymous said...

Wahoo Jenn! You know I'll be checking it out and I've added you to my list of favorites!

Anonymous said...

I like it!!! I'll be checking whenever I can! Miss seein you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen! I'm taking a break from decluttering. Thanks for letting me in on your blog! Hope I get to see you before we move!

SingerMamaMelody said...

HI!!!!!!! Welcome to blogging land. I'm glad that you are on here and I'll look forward to coming back and reading more soon...
Love ya,
Melody

Unknown said...

Great idea, Jen! Im so glad you included me in your blog list - its fun to see what you're creating over there! Beautiful cards! ~Julie