Thursday, June 12, 2008

Graduation Cards



Good afternoon! Thanks so much for all of the nice comments about yesterday's post. It was an exciting day! But, today is a new day and I was finally able to complete the cards that I started for Beate's challenge last weekend - a little late! :) But, they are done. We needed 6 graduation cards this year, and a graduate's best gift is money (especially with gas prices!), so I wanted to make something that would fit a little cash inside. With the way that I tied the ribbon, we can just stash the cash at the top of the card and write our sentiments at the bottom. I struggled a lot with how to do the cap. When I stamped it in black, the tassel turned out black as well and it looked really silly to try and color the tassel. So, I settled on embossing the cap in silver, and then stamping the "congrats" separately in black....ahh, the beauty of the acrylic stamps! It added a bit of time to making the card, but definitely made a difference in how it turned out. Here is the information for this card...
Materials used: All images from the "graduate" set from My Sentiments Exactly; Basic Black, Summer Sun, Brushed Silver and Whisper White cardstock from Stampin' Up!; Palette Noir Ink Pad; Versamark Ink Pad; Sterling Silver Embossing Powder - Stampin' Up!; Black grosgrain ribbon, Watercolor Crayons and Blender Pens - all from Stampin' Up!
That's it for today! Enjoy!
Jennifer

No comments: